Heather L. Harmon concentrates her practice in all aspects of commercial Chapter 11 debtor, creditors' committee and trustee bankruptcy matters. Heather frequently prosecutes and administers hundreds of claim objections and adversary cases simultaneously. She also specializes in the creation and maintenance of databases for the post-confirmation administration of cases, with thousands of claims, totaling in excess of $500 million and regularly completes the financial analysis necessary to distribute millions of dollars to general unsecured creditors.
Heather regularly represents clients throughout the State of Florida and the District of Delaware and is an active member of the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Heather has frequently been selected as a Top Young Lawyer and Top Up and Comer by various trade publications. In 2011, the Daily Business Review selected her as a Most Effective Lawyer for her contribution to the successful reorganization of Fiddler's Creek, LLC, a luxury master-planned residential community in Naples, Florida and Top Dealmaker of the Year by the Daily Business Review for her work on the fast-paced sale of assets in the Arch Aluminum Chapter 11 case. In 2012, Heather was a Top Dealmaker of the Year finalist for the Fiddler's Creek project.
Heather is a member of The Florida Bar and admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida. She received her juris doctor, with honors, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2002. Heather earned a bachelor of science, with honors, from the University of Florida Warrington College of Business in 1999, specializing in finance and real estate. She completed her post-baccalaureate coursework in commercial real estate development and appraisal.
- Bankruptcy Law
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Teaching Assistant, Legal Research and Writing
- Honors: Teaching Assistant, Appellate Advocacy Curriculums
- University of Florida
- B.S.B.A. - 1999
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Finance and Real Estate